August 17, 2021
Method Engineering and Building Services Ltd. (METHOD) is a building envelope engineering, associated construction, and project management firm in Victoria, BC. We work with commercial owners, residential strata and homeowners, developers, warranty providers, insurance corporations, architects, and builders on a wide range of building initiatives. Our company is searching for an Accounts Administrator to work part-time at our firm, and who is passionate about building relationships, client care, and collaborating with, and supporting a team.
WHAT IS WORKING AT METHOD LIKE?
- The level of engagement at METHOD is high. Our team is passionate about our work, and it shows in our attention to detail and commitment to the results. We work hard but keep the environment engaging and entertaining.
- We take pride in delivering professional, quality, and timely service to our clients.
- We sprint. The work environment at METHOD is dynamic and we frequently run between jobs/tasks, keeping schedule, cost, and quality at the front.
- Learning is highly encouraged; we have an “open-door policy” and will always take time out of our schedule to discuss questions. We frequently banter ideas around the office and challenge each other to “build the better mouse trap”.
- We understand that life doesn’t always do the “9-to-5” thing. We work with our staff to ensure personal commitments fit within the work life. Things like going to your kid’s game, a medical appointment, or just wanting to get out early on an afternoon is important!
ACCOUNTS ADMINISTRATOR (Part-time) POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Accounts Administrator is accountable for professional communications, attention to detail, data entry accuracy, and commitment and schedule management. That’s the dry part! The fun part of the role is developing relationships; at METHOD you will often be communicating with clients, vendors, trade contractors, and our staff. Your primary responsibilities will include accounts payable and receivable support, yet you will also assist in a variety of other tasks and projects.
- Customer service via phone, email and in person.
- Accounts payable including preparing documents for our managers, advanced cost allocations, job costing and QuickBooks entries, statement reconciliations, payments, and year end tasks. Set up of new vendor and trade contractor accounts, and on-going account communications.
- Accounts receivable tasks including billings, payments, and deposits.
- Filing (short-term and long-term storage), including digital archiving.
- Various tasks and projects as they arise.
- Anything else that may require support at METHOD. Being a small firm, we all need to be multi-tools and pitch in when, and where, needed.
Qualifications, Skills & Traits
- Experience in an office setting, and with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Accounts payable, including cost coding/allocations.
- QuickBooks experience, and a general understanding of accounting principles, is an asset but not required if you have a willingness to learn.
- Detail orientated; the small details need to matter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive, professional demeanor.
- Willingness to support others and “Do What it Takes”.
- Pride in work. Treat every client like family. Treat every project like our most important.
- Strong work ethic. Committed to following through to meet schedules.
The work at METHOD is challenging, engaging, and ever-changing. This role is a great opening for an individual looking to be a key member in a professional-service firm, and there will be opportunities to expand your responsibilities here at METHOD. The part-time schedule is a combined total of 16 to 24 hours per week, with Tuesdays and Thursdays scheduled, and an option to work Wednesday when required and upon your availability.
METHOD offers a competitive wage that will reflect your experience and qualifications. Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We recognize the effort put forth by each applicant and are very appreciative for their time, however, only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
|Job Category||Office Adminstration|