Started in 2016 with goals of doing things a little bit differently than our peers, Method Engineering & Building Services Ltd. (METHOD) has an opportunity for a dedicated, detail-focused, and passionate Building Science Engineer or Technologist to grow their career at our firm in Victoria.
WHY ARE WE HIRING?
- Talented Company + Great Clients + Busy Market = Lots of work for us
- We want to be at the forefront of new work opportunities, including energy efficiency
- Additionally, we suspect there is an Engineer or Technologist in the market that wants to be part of the development of METHOD’s culture, corporate structure, and future
WHAT IS WORKING AT METHOD LIKE?
- Interesting work. We like working on buildings…..we LOVE working on buildings with clients that value quality. While buildings are our work-passion, we are ultimately motivated by making our Clients happy by exceeding their expectations.
- We are passionate about our work. That is why people enjoy working with us. We take pride in delivering professional, quality, and timely service to our Clients.
- We sprint. The work environment at METHOD is dynamic and we frequently run between jobs/tasks, keeping schedule, cost, and quality at the front. Consulting 101.
- We take staff development and mentoring seriously. We provide ongoing in-house and external learning opportunities. Career development requires engagement from both parties so if you have a passion that you would like to explore, we are all ears.
- We give our staff freedom of schedule. We leave it to our staff to manage their workload, timelines, and personal commitments. We understand that life doesn’t always do the “9-to-5” thing. We work with our staff to ensure personal commitments fit within the work life. Things like going to your kid’s game, a medical appointment, or just wanting to get out early on a Friday afternoon!
JOB ROLE: BUILDING SCIENCE ENGINEER/TECHNOLOGIST
We are looking for a Building Science Engineer/Technologist that will take on a wide range of projects, such as: investigations, design, construction review, project management, etc. As your experience grows, we anticipate the you will also participate in client management, business development, and corporate initiatives at METHOD.
As a Building Science Engineer or Technologist, you will be participating in all aspects of our engineering work:
- Assessments – Evaluating the performance of existing envelope assemblies to determine repair needs, renewal options, or forecast remaining service life.
- Forensics – Participating in a range of investigations related to building envelope performance concerns: water leakage, air leakage, mould, energy-related issues, etc.
- Design – Assisting with the design of building envelope systems. This could be participating with other Professionals on a new construction project or as part of our renewal/renovation design work.
- Field Review – Participating in all aspects of our field work. We strongly believe that field work makes us better at all aspects of our job. Plus, we love getting out of the office. Tasks include review of construction while in progress, participating in mock-ups, getting into attics & crawl spaces, using boom lifts/swing stages.
- Energy – This is a developing area of work at METHOD. We currently have a Certified Passive House Designer and a Certified Passive House Tradesperson on staff and are currently working towards becoming a Certified Energy Advisor. There will be a lot of opportunities to help with energy design, thermal modeling, air leakage testing, and other energy-efficiency focused tasks.
- Project Management – Assist with the management of projects, which includes contract administration, scheduling, client/contractor management, resolution efforts, etc.
- Anything else that may require support at METHOD. Being a small firm, we all need to be multi-tools and pitch in when, and where, needed.
Qualifications, Skills, & Traits
- Civil or Mechanical Engineering degree/diploma
- EIT or Professional Engineer registered with EGBC, or an experienced Technologist registered with ASTTBC, with a focus in Building Science.
- Experience in the trades is a desirable asset
- Excellent communication skills
- A leader
- Will “Do What it Takes”
- Pride in work. Treat every client like family. Treat every project like our most important. The small details need to matter.
- Positive, professional demeanour
- Strong work ethic. Committed to following through to meet schedules.
- Problem solver. You see solutions instead of problems. You aren’t afraid to think differently to try and find a better answer.
The work at METHOD is challenging, engaging, and ever-changing. This role is a great opening for a career-minded individual looking to be a key member in a young and growing professional-service firm. There will be opportunities to expand your duties and responsibilities here at METHOD. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package that will reflect your experience and qualifications.
We recognize the effort put forth by each applicant and are very appreciative for their time, however, only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||Engineering and Construction|