July 29, 2019
Method Engineering and Building Services Ltd. (METHOD) is an Engineering Consulting, Construction Management and Building Services firm in Victoria. We work with Commercial Owners, Residential Strata, Developers, Warranty Providers, Insurance Corporations, Architects and Builders on a wide range of building initiatives. Our company is searching for an enthusiastic and dedicated Construction Assistant to work within our Building Services division.
WORKING AT METHOD
METHOD’s primary focus is customer service. What does this mean?
- Understand your client – We work to understand our clients’ needs and how important these needs are to them.
- Timely service – We provide timely, responsive service. We set appropriate deadlines and ensure they are met. In the rare occurrences when we can’t make a deadline, we notify our clients as early as possible and work with them to deal with any impacts our delay may cause
- Personal connection – We strive to be professional, passionate, and personal. Good clients want to work with good people. The personal touch is a key component to securing that strong, positive connection with our clients.
- Technical competence – We will continue educating ourselves to ensure we are providing exceptional technical support. We are global thinkers and provide technical support that considers: quality, sequencing of work, cost, schedule, durability, and risk.
- Work with integrity – We will ALWAYS do what is right. We want to be known as a company that is honest, fair, and trustworthy.
Working at METHOD is not strictly about a 9-to-5, punch-the-clock work life. We are passionate about our work and that passion is part of our culture. What is working at METHOD like?
- Interesting work – We like working on buildings…..we LOVE working on buildings with clients that value quality. We work on projects that we like and are proud to be part of. The range of work is wide at METHOD!
- We are passionate about our work – That is why people enjoy working with us. We take pride in delivering professional, quality, and timely service to our Clients.
- We sprint – The work environment at METHOD is dynamic and we frequently run between jobs/tasks, keeping schedule, cost, and quality at the front.
- We mentor and develop our staff – We provide in-house and external learning opportunities. Career development requires engagement from both parties, so if you have a passion that you would like to explore that fits within our general business offerings, let us know.
JOB DESCRIPTION: CONSTRUCTION ASSISTANT
Any role at METHOD incorporates a wide range of duties and requires you to embrace a multitude of skills. As a Construction Assistant you will assist senior Building Services staff in our wide range of projects. You will embrace and foster the passionate, hard-working, and dedicated culture at METHOD.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & TRAITS
- General carpentry
- Material takeoff
- Ability to work on scaffolding
- Driver license and vehicle
- Positive attitude, professional, and excellent communication skills
- Will “Do What It Takes”
- Pride in work. Treat every client like family. Treat every project like our most important. The small details need to matter.
- Willingness to learn; initiative to learn with minimal direction/supervision
- Ability and confidence to think for new answers, better solutions, and more efficient processes
Experience in the following would be an asset:
- Window and door installation
- Siding and strapping
- Metal flashing work
- Interior millwork and drywall repair
- Operation of aerial lift and scissor lift equipment
METHOD is a nimble and dynamic company with constantly changing needs. Our staff are continually changing and improving as they add new duties to their regular workday to meet the corporate needs and their individual interests. It is expected your duties will expand as you become more familiar with our culture, our work, and your role within the METHOD team. Anticipated tasks include:
- Site Set Up and Maintenance – Assisting with initial site set-up (i.e. posting signage, re-routing access ways around the site, construction site facilities), setting up tools and equipment for the day’s activities and take-down/put away at end of day. General site cleanup and installation of hoarding and work barriers.
- Construction Assistance – Completing general demolition and excavation tasks to remove materials in preparation for renewal. Assisting with general carpentry tasks, renewal work such as waterproofing, window and door installation, rainscreen strapping, metal flashing, cladding and trim installations.
- Purchasing – Assisting with material take-off and material ordering.
- Equipment – Operating aerial lifts to gain access and assist with work at heights.
- Communications – Coordinating with building unit owners to gain access when required. Assisting with site correspondence to respond to RFI’s, provide updates to Trade Contractors, and in-house staff.
METHOD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that will reflect your experience and qualifications. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We recognize the effort put forth by each applicant and we are very appreciative for their time, however, only those applicants being considered will be contacted.