Method Engineering & Building Services Ltd. (METHOD) is an Engineering Consulting, Construction Management and Building Services firm in Victoria, BC. We work with Commercial Owners, Residential Strata, Developers, Warranty Providers, Insurance Corporations, Architects and Builders on a wide range of building initiatives. Our company is searching for an enthusiastic and dedicated Construction Project Manager to work at our firm.
WHY ARE WE HIRING?
- Talented Company + Great Clients + Busy Market = Lots of work for us
- We continue to expand our services in the Construction field and need additional driven, passionate staff to service the opportunities.
- We suspect there is an individual in the market that wants to assist with the development of the Building Services aspect of our business.
WHAT IS WORKING AT METHOD LIKE?
- Interesting work. We love working on buildings and specialize in working on existing buildings with Owners that care about quality, durability, and good value. We believe energy efficient construction makes sense. With the introduction of the Energy Step Code, and the local market’s interest in Passive House, we know high-performance construction will slowly become the standard and not the exception.
- We are passionate about our work, which is one of the reasons people want to work with us. We take pride in delivering professional, quality, and timely service to our Clients.
- We sprint. The work environment at METHOD is dynamic and we frequently run between jobs/tasks, keeping quality and schedule at the front.
- We take staff development and mentoring seriously. We provide ongoing in-house and external learning opportunities. Career development requires engagement from both parties so if you have a passion that you would like to explore, we are all ears.
- We give our staff freedom of schedule. We leave it to our staff to manage their workload, deliverable timelines, and personal commitments. We understand that life doesn’t always do the “9-to-5” thing. We work with our staff to fit personal commitments within the demands of work. This includes things like going to your kid’s game, a medical appointment, or just wanting to get out early on a Friday afternoon.
JOB ROLE: CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
We are looking for a Construction Project Manager that will participate in our Building Services work, including building envelope renewals, investigation repairs, and energy upgrades. We also anticipate opportunities for general contracting and trade contracting opportunities for high-performance new construction work.
After a period of corporate familiarization and learning, it is expected the Construction Project Manager will participate in all aspects of our Building Services work. As their experience grows, we anticipate the Construction Project Manager will be involved with estimating, business development, client management, tendering/bidding, corporate initiatives, and other aspects of the overall construction operations at METHOD.
- Project budgeting and estimating. This will include working with our various industry trade contacts to review work and identify opportunities and risks.
- Project management through the project life cycle, from initiation to project close out. This will include project planning, risk management, trade coordination, budget development, cost tracking, scheduling, and quality control. Bring a keen eye to proactively identify concerns or opportunities with budgets and schedule milestones.
- Assisting with forecasting labour needs. This will generally identify trade and in-house staff recruitment needs. Finding the right person/corporation at the right time can be the difference between an average or excellent project.
- Identifying new work opportunities and following up. Leveraging your rolodex in this busy market will be a necessity.
- Participating in the development of corporate processes. This may include cost tracking, scheduling, contract/PO templates, insurance needs, estimating standards, etc.
- Anything else that may require support at METHOD. Being a small firm, we all need to be multi-tools and pitch in when, and where, needed. All our staff help on site from time to time. The helping hand is welcomed by our Site Staff, plus site experience makes us better at our office duties.
Qualifications, Skills, & Traits
- Experience in the Victoria construction market as an Estimator or Project Manager.
- Strong with contract administration processes, including construction CCA and CCDC contracts, lien legislation, progress claims, and warranties.
- Experience with construction estimating and project tendering.
- CCCA or PMP certification is desirable but not required.
- Experience in the trades is a desirable asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Will “Do What it Takes”.
- Pride in work. Treat every client like family. Treat every project like our most important. The small details need to matter.
- Positive, professional demeanour.
- Strong work ethic. Committed to following through to create high-quality work and meet agreed-to schedules.
The work at METHOD is challenging, engaging, and ever-changing. This role is a fantastic opening for a career-minded individual looking to be part of the growing construction business division within our firm. There will be opportunities to expand your duties and responsibilities as you become more familiar with our culture, our work, and your role within the METHOD team.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package that will reflect your experience and qualifications. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We recognize the effort put forth by each applicant and are very appreciative for their time, however, only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
|Job Category||Construction, Engineering and Construction|